Knock out Game, PVP discussion, Media, News, Martial Brain and more.
Welcome to Episode Forty Eight of Hiyaa!! THE Martial Arts Podcast – The Kitchen Sink Show
Dave, Bruce, Craig and even Thaïs in the house for this one—can they keep it together? Probably not…
So get ready for a little bit of everything in this episode!
Links to more information about some of the things we mention during the show. BTW…Blue = Video!
In the Opening
In the Discussion
- Welcome back Thaïs Jones
- Allen Pittman
Topics & Things
- Power vs. Precision in Striking
- Soft targets
- Destroy the Groin
- Power and precision as developmental points in MA
- Orbital blowout fractures
- Combination of power and precision
- Commotio Cordis
- Carotid Artery
- Benefits of precision for those without a lot of power.
- Strategic uses of precision or power.
- Northern Shaolin
- Gao Bagua
- Crane Strike
- A misguided attempt to maximize trouble is always trouble.
- Be aware of the weapon when determining how much power to use.
- Importance of Control of Power
- Grappling Dummy (example/not an endorsement)
- XingYi Bong Chen (crushing fist)
- Importance of rooting your body
- Use what you have in a proper structure.
- The consensus is a balanced approach is important.