In this episode, we discuss Martial Arts & Relationships, that all-too-common topic of mind. We delve into the effects of being a martial artist on relationships, venture into the news, pop open the mailbag, and more.
Welcome to Episode Fifty Six of Hiyaa!! THE Martial Arts Podcast – The "Will you be my friend?" Show!
Do martial arts impact your interpersonal relationships? Damn right they do!
So put on your sexy pants and join us in a collegial Kung fu dance!
Martial Arts & Relationships
Links to more information about some of the things we mention during the show. BTW…Blue = Video! 🙂
In the Opening
Topics & Things
In the Discussion
Topics & Things
- An email from Paul
- Issues with teaching martial arts to your significant other
- Is it okay to date your martial art students?
- Is it okay to date fellow martial art students?
- Men will notice Women in a martial arts class
- Dealing with unwanted advances
- An email from Young Smith
- Transferring dedication to other areas of life
- The Last Dragon
- Meeting people you wouldn’t otherwise meet (making friends through the martial arts)
- An email from Jaredd Wilson
- Martial Thoughts Podcast
- The Dojo is not a dating pool
- Favoritism in the class
- Friendships in the Dojo
- Relationship management
- Applying non-physical martial arts lessons to everyday life
- A shout-out and Judy-Chop to the Magnificent J. (part of the early show)
- An email from Tarzan Smith
- Martial arts provide a common touch
- Martial arts and the family dynamic
- Conflict can lead to friendships
- Martial arts strengthens, life corrodes
- Thanks to all the listeners who wrote us about this topic.
- Wushu booty: being fit helps
Listener Content: The Martial Brain…Realism in Sparring
News, News, News
In the Mailbag
- Another email from Tarzan Smith
- An email from Troy
- An email from Mark