In this episode of Hiyaa, we chat with Jaredd Wilson, Aikido practitioner and Host of the outstanding Martial Thoughts podcast!
We get a little "Podcaster Cross-Pollenation," look at the lovable Liver Shots, and a bit more.
Welcome to Episode Forty Nine of Hiyaa!! THE Martial Arts Podcast – The Aikido Show!
So…Grab it by the Wrist and Give it a Twist – It’s tiiime for the show!
Links to more information about some of the things we mention during the show. BTW…Blue = Video! 🙂
In the Opening
People & Topics
In the Interview
- Jaredd Wilson
- Jason Backlund – His Website as an Author
- Gozo Shioda
- Onisaburo Deguchi
- Ellis Amdur (Listen to Episode 2 – Interview with Ellis Amdur)
- Grandmaster Moses Powell
- Florendo Visitacion (Professor Vee)
- Randy Williams
- Grandmaster Philip Chenique
- John Wang
Topics & Things
- Dungeons and Dragons
- Soshi = An Innheritor of a system
- Hiding your strikes is a good idea
- Arnis (also known as Kali or Eskrima)
- Atemi Ju-Jitsu
- Pre-War vs Post-War Aikido
- Taijiquan (Tai Chi Chuan)
- The Elusive Chinese Influece on Aikido by Stanley Pranin
- Morihei Ueshiba escapes execution
- Daitō-ryū Aiki Jūjutsu
- Jo Jutsu (or Jodo)
- The Boxer Rebellion of China
- Kisshomaru Ueshiba
- Ki Society
- Sanuches Ryu
- Wing Chun
- Omote-ura – Public and Private Faces
- Single Change of Baguazhang
- The origins of Aikido’s "Grab my Wrist"
- Bigfoot and other animals talk (wtf???)
- Movie – Ninja II / Ninja: Shadow of a Tear