Practical Karate, the Martial Brain podcast inclusion, diving into the Mailbag, and more.
Welcome to Episode Sixty-Two of Hiyaa!! THE Martial Arts Podcast – The “that’s not an accent, THIS is an accent” Show!
Meet Iain Abernethy and learn about his martial arts philosophy, teaching, writing, and podcasting goodness.
So join us for a dark and stormy day — both here and in the UK — as we battle the elements to bring Hiyaa-styled martial arts to your podcast-consuming earholes!
Links to more information about some of the things we mention during the show. BTW…Blue = Video! 🙂
In the Opening
- Iain Abernethy
- Jeff Westfall (Bio. page at his Rising Phoenix Martial Arts Academy)
- The Martial Brain Podcast (Jeff Westfall’s Podcast [Now Independent!])
In the Interview
- Iain Abernethy (See the "In the Opening" section)
- Doug James
- Geoff Thompson
- Peter Consterdine
- Gavin Mulholland
- Ed Parker
- Dan Anderson
- Kris Wilder
Topics & Things
Listener Content: The Martial Brain…The Student Shall Be the Teacher
In the Mailbag
- Mr. Tarzan Smith asks about defunking gear
- Juan C. asks if you can teach an old dog new tricks
- Kyro Lantsberger comments on the Monster Mash episode
- Richard emails to appreciate the podcast