Clubfoot, Gong-gong, Judy-Choppin and Falling Leaves. This here’s Episode Five of Hiyaa!! THE Martial Arts Podcast!
In this little power-pack, we discuss "Secret Gongs", and learn quite a bit from Ashe Higgs on the Chinese Martial Art known as I Liq Chuan.
We cover some Martial Arts News and introduce the Judy-Chop. Media Mop-Up is as entertaining as usual, and We Invite You to get involved in future Mop-Ups.
And there’s of course more. Listen and love it, baby!
Links to more information about some of the things we mention during the show. BTW…Blue = Video! 🙂
In the Opening
- What is Clubfoot?
- Who is Clubfoot?
- Hammer Fist
- Mi Mi – 1
- "Felt Gong hidden in pocket"
- "Buddhist Fist"
- "I learned it by watching you in secret old man"
- Adobe Flash
- HTML 5
- Website player issues – See Above & Try it – Is it working for you?
- HiYaa!! Martial Arts Podcast on Facebook
- Screechy Guitar Noises are not what we mean by Feedback…
- Send Feedback to: mailbag[at]hiyaapodcast[dot]com
In the Discussion
Topics and Things
- Gong fu / Kung Fu
- Ji Ben Gong = Basic Skills Techniques
- Horse Stance
- 3-Star Striking / San Xing / Iron Pole
- Finger-tip Hardening for Guitar
- How to Fret a Note
- Secret Licks for Guitar
- Dave has something Fancy in the Pocket
- Qing Gong
- Dave says Craig can’t Fly…
- Throwing Wives out Windows
- Eagle Claw
- Hidden in Plain Sight – a Book by Ellis Amdur
- Xing Yi
- San Ti
- Crane Beak
- Ba Gua Zhang
- Red Rubber Ball
- "Are you sure it’s not a chicken?"
- Dave’s Dog Duty
- Iron Bridge
- Dit Da Jow
- Tell us your Experiences with Gongs – What do you train? Have a Question about Gong training? Talk to us folks!
In the Interview
- Ashe Higgs
- Sam F.S. Chin
- Bernie Langan of Silat
- Daria "Dasha" Sergeeva Muay Thai Champ of I Liq Chuan
- Luo DeXiu
Topics and Things
- I Liq Chuan
- Falling Leaves Kung Fu in Tempe, Arizona
- A Kung Fu Tea Ceremony
- San Da / San Shou
- U.S. International Kuo Shu Championship Tournament in Baltimore
- Taiji Legacy & Legends of Kung Fu
- Yi / I
- Ashe demonstrates I Liq Chuan’s 21 Form
- Ashe demonstrates I Liq Chuan’s Butterfly Form
- Phoenix Eye Fist
- Li Gar Kung Fu
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Chuang Yen Monastery
- Kent, New York
- Listening Power
- The 8-Fold Path
- The 4 Noble Truths
- The 12 Dependent Originations
- The 4 Foundations of Mindfulness
- It was "Clariflied"…
- I Liq Chuan around the World
- Norwegian Black Metal
- Lei Tai
- Iron Shirt
- He said "Anus"
- And then he said "Poop Jokes"
- Yin Yang Qualities
- The Pratfall Effect
- Fa Jin
- Snot Rocket
- Rum Soaked Fist Internal Martial Arts Forum
- Ashe on Twitter – @luoyegongfu
- I Liq Chuan.com
- I Liq Chuan on Facebook
- Falling Leaves I Liq Chuan School on Facebook
News, News, News
Sambo, a Russian-derived martial art, but is also an Irish and/or Australian slang for the word "Sandwich"
- Shaolin Do: The Sin The’ Investigation
- Louisville protecting players with MMA helmets
- On The Music, Martial Art — and Muslim Hero — of Silat Actioner The Raid: Redemption – See Below Link Media Mop Up Preview
- Olympic torch delight for martial arts coach Shane
- MMA Fighter Knocks Himself Out With Flying Kick Attempt
Movie Media Mop-Up
Media M.U. Preview
Get ahead of the Game!
Preview the main Trailer for the Media Mop-Up 2 Episodes in Advance. Then send us your feedback – Mail to mailbag[at]hiyaapodcast[com] or drop a Comment below.
We’ll read what you have to say on the Air while we do that Episode’s Media Mop-Up. And if you’ve already seen the movie, so much the better!
Your Media Mop-Up Preview:
In The Quote
- One Day of Training is One Day of Skill Earned. One Day of Not Training Wastes Ten Days of Training