In this episode, your podcast hosts, Craig and Dave, dive deep into Bu Fa (bù fǎ in Mandarin Pinyin), which literally means step or stance law, but generally hints at that all-important concept of footwork. And what is footwork made up of? Steps, Stances and Stepping methods!
Welcome to Episode Fifty Four of Hiyaa!! THE Martial Arts Podcast – The "Ride that Horsey!" Show.
In addition to walking through the stances (see what I did there? 🙂 ), we address a few listener’s emails and Dave reports back on a Self Defense seminar.
So join us as we saddle up our Goats (and Tigers and Cranes, oh my) and gallop off toward the horizon, Gangnam style!
Links to more information about some of the things we mention during the show. BTW…Blue = Video! 🙂
In the Opening
Topics & Things
In the Discussion
Topics & Things
- Official Hiyaa Martial Arts podcast stickers!
- Tell us how has martial arts affected your relationships
- Eight Universal Stances
- Wu ji
- Horse Stance
- Bow Stance
- Tiger Stance
- Cat Stance
- Crance Stance
- Twisting Stance
- Kneeling Stance
- Bagua Circle Walking
- Wing Chun
- Chen Style taiji
- Ginga (Capoeira)
- Tornado Kick
- Northern Shaolin
- Northern Shaolin Compendium (stepping drill)
- Transitions – it’s where the magic is
- Reverse Punch
- The "Punch and Pose" will get you slapped
Rewind, Mailbag & Seminar Review
- To make up for earlier
- Email from Ryan
- Dave’s Self Defense Seminar review
- Gavin de Becker’s The Gift of Fear: And Other Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence (Book)
- Hammer fist